- click images for full size splendor -

Translate

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

POST # 14 - "KEEP YOUR SPIRITS UP" by Reed Crandall


I'd like to keep things short and sweet today. Reed Crandall is a name you will see here from time to time, as he did so much beautiful artwork for Warren's horror magazines in their early days. Undoubtedly one of the Golden Age's greatest talents, Crandall drew this story for CREEPY #25, 1969. The story, written by Bill Parente, reminds us that, no matter how dark the circumstances seem, you should always...
KEEP YOUR SPIRITS UP!

2 comments:

  1. Apocolyte: Great stuff. You know, I think Crandall might have done some of his best work for Warren, as B&W really suited his feathery, detailed style perfectly. You can almost feel him stretching out here, knowing no colorist was going to step on his work.

    Great Post! -- Mykal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mykal. Crandall's work at Warren certainly did stand out for me, but I must admit I can't say I ever saw anything done by Crandall that didn't blow me away! Now, I'm going to go check out your two fabulous comic blogs - Gold Key Comics and the Big Blog of Kid's Comics! And anyone reading this should too! Why, look! The links are right on the side there! Just clicky-click-click...

    ReplyDelete