- click images for full size splendor -

Translate

Thursday, December 24, 2009

POST # 20 - "NOT A CREATURE WAS STIRRING" by Tom Sutton













It's Christmas time, and I'm afraid you may be getting a sweet tooth from too many sickly-sweet Christmas stories on your favorite blogs, so here at BLACK 'N' WHITE AND RED ALL OVER, we're dreaming of a red Christmas. From 35 years ago, I'm offering up a double treat in my CREEPY Cross-over --  two great Christmas stories, CREEPY style! Both stories from CREEPY # 59, 1973. One offered here, in glorious black and white, and another one in color at my home at THE BLOG AT THE END OF TIME! One story is about a Santa Killer, and the other story is about a Santa Killer...er, that is, one is about a killer who kills Santa's, and the other one is about a Santa who kills...oh, never mind - you'll see! Merry Christmas!

First off, here's an artist we've featured recently, Tom Sutton. I wrote earlier how Mr. Sutton was able to change his stylistic approach for each story, and here the chameleon-like artist delivers an interesting illustrative style. Don McGregor wrote the tale that delivers a happy holiday ending(Creepy style, that is)!
Enjoy this delightful selection, and if you're good, Santa may bring you a special gift tomorrow!
Here you go, here is...
NOT A CREATURE WAS STIRRING!

__________________________________

Remember, just click here to go to THE BLOG AT THE END OF TIME to see the second Creepy Christmas tale from this same classic issue!

CREEPY # 59 cover art by Manuel Sanjulian.

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad that all of us bloggers have different stuff to share~! I have always been a Sutton fan, especially of his Gothic Romance work, but this tale above is fresh to these eyes~! Thanx for burning it onto my retina, oh Fiery One~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why, Lysdexicuss, ol' buddy, it's the least I could do, considering all the mountains of scans you have provided daily to the masses of comic-starved cyber-stalkers, like me! Just a little thing called payback!

    Happy Holidays!

    Did you get the fruitcake I sent you? I mailed it last Christmas...dee-lish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apocolyte: Very cool tale and great art. I don't know the work of Sutton very well, but I can see the appeal! Also, nice to know that when dealing with Santa, payback can be a bitch! -- Mykal

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOLY CRAP! That is such a good story, and masterful art that told that story. You will not see stories like that produced in the comics that are done today. Giant crossovers used to fuel promotions of characters for films and little else. Thank you for making my day a little better by finding your web page. Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete