- click images for full size splendor -

Translate

Monday, January 24, 2011

"KREEE - GAAHH!!" by Michael Wurl

(artwork from SLAM BANG # 2 by Michael Wurl )

_______________________

Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse!

After being sabotaged by hackers, after months of exile beyond my control, I finally managed to get a new computer up and running, to return to the online world of comics, art, and blogging, I returned only to discover that one of the greatest comic blogs ever, TEN CENT DREAMS just shut down within hours of my return. Created and managed by comic expert, writer, artist and film-maker Lysdexicuss (aka Jamie Wilson), TEN CENT DREAMS was a haven for wonderful comic book stories and art from the early Golden Age through the Silver Age and sometimes beyond. I know and you know that there are plenty of comic blogs around, but only a handful that were/are as entertaining and fun to visit. A prolific talent, Jamie has several projects to occupy his time right now, and at present can no longer maintain TEN CENT DREAMS.
I know that I speak for many who have spent hours and hours enjoying what he had created for us all, and for all of us who are going to miss his one-of-a-kind blog, I can only offer this plaintive cry of
"KREEE-GAAHH!!"
It is a cry of sorrow, and of hope, that one day he will return.
Thanks for the memories, Lysdexicuss.
If I may be so bold as to speak for your many fans, we wish you success on whatever you do. Godspeed.
An era has passed, and we are better for what you contributed to us all.

As of this writing, you can still find the genius of Jamie's artwork and writing on his other blogs,
and

Please take the time to drop by and check them out,
and tell him THE APOCOLYTE sent ya..

1 comment: